Thursday, June 17, 2010

More apartment photos

by Jenn

Let's start with a picture of our bed today. It's OK, you don't have to be nice; I know it's hideous. Bedding sets are ridiculously expensive and ridiculously covered in huge flowery designs. Like, all of them. I got this one at a really great price as a set (minus the two smaller pillows) at one of the traditional city markets with a Korean friend. She haggled the vendor down to about $45 USD for the whole set, so I took it. I bought the smaller pillows later because the others were just too high and firm for us. The new smaller ones are filled with fake buckwheat, like the Japanese pillows that we love. But going with the fake filling = cheap!

The sliding window next to the bed goes out onto the laundry-drying portion of the front balcony. 


Next, the beautiful wardrobes that line the far wall of the master bedroom. I love them!


Here's a better view of the balcony and living room from the kitchen. I think you can tell what's what better in this one.


This one is very similar, but you can see the doors to a bedroom, the bathroom, and the master bedroom here.

Here's a shot taken from the front balcony, where I hang out most of the time. Check out the yellow towel-- this is not a dish towel, it's a bath towel. Really. It only covers, well, nothing really. I'm going to search the water sports sections in stores for beach towels, because I like to wrap myself up like a piece of sushi when I step out of the shower.


And lastly for today, our meager supply of groceries so far. The loaf of bread is huge and tasty and was only 1,400 won! Oh, and I definitely bought that huge can of pineapple and no can opener. Yep. Good thing I'm teaching English and not life skills!

1 comment:

  1. You actually placed that table in the balcony perfectly. It must be relaxing to spend some time sitting there while staring at the beautiful view. That wardrobe is pretty useful. It makes use of very little space, but is capable of storing lots of items. That's quite handy for an apartment.

    Christian Traughber

    ReplyDelete