Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moving in

by Jenn

We finally made it to our city, Gunsan, 2 1/2 days after we arrived in SK. Then we had another day before we could move into our apartment, but we are finally here! I think it was worth the wait because this apartment is wonderful-- maybe the nicest one we've ever lived in. It's on the 10th floor in a 20-story high rise building, which makes for some cool views of the city (small though it may be). We have three bedrooms and one bathroom with a huge tub (bigger than our old one stateside!), two balconies with screen and glass doors that run each side of the length of the apartment, a large kitchen area, and three beautiful heavy wood wardrobes in the master bedroom. K's school is providing our furniture, and we moved the table and chairs out onto one of the balconies, which is where I'm sitting now. There's such a nice cross breeze that there's no need to even buy a fan, let alone an air conditioner, even though I was melting when I walked to the store earlier today. 

Our apartment is still quite empty. Our refrigerator, washer, and TV are due to arrive tomorrow or Friday. Hopefully that will make it look slightly more lived-in, but I can't help but feel that this is a lot of apartment to come to empty-handed! One of the other apartments we viewed before choosing this one was a huge four-bedroom, two-bathroom palace on like the 14th floor of a brand-new high rise. Well, of course I would have loved that one, but utilities probably would have cost an arm and a leg, and probably 80% of the place would have had to remain empty. So far I'm really content at this place. We're going to ask some of our new acquaintances about a second-hand furniture store that they mentioned that apparently does free delivery, which is definitely a plus for us-- I want a desk and a couch, but not so badly that I'm going to drag it across town on the sidewalk! 

Well, I'll stop yakking now and post what you really came here for: pictures!! Here's our spacious but empty place:

 Karl still unpacking while I'm playing with the camera


Same thing, different angle :P


Kitchen and kitchen/laundry balcony


Yes, I know it's messy, gimme a break! We're still unpacking! Focus on the big deep tub instead!


I'm not sure about letting this guy in. Would you?  ;)


And now on to two of our views from the balconies. We have others too (jealous?) but they're not very impressive (or maybe I'm just saying that so you don't have a jealous fit of rage. yeah, that's it...)






 Not bad, huh?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment